The Ultimate Guide To Electricians InsuranceTradesure Insurance
All tradies have specific skills and risks involved with doing their job, but as an electrician you know there’s no shortcuts when it comes to safety…
That’s why having the right insurance is a must. For electrical contractors and businesses the policy you need is ‘Electricians Insurance’.
Here, we explain the insurance types you’ll need as an electrician, why you need them and let you in on how to get covered the easy way.
What is Electrician Insurance?
As an Electrician, your insurance needs are very specific and you need a policy that suits your work and business…
That’s where Electrician Insurance comes in.
Essentially, Electricians Insurance is a suite of different insurance covers, and together they offer complete cover for electricians.
Depending on your work and business circumstances the following policies may be required:
- Public Liability Insurance: Will protect you if you directly or indirectly cause damage to property or an injury to someone; while working on a job site.
- Trade Tool Insurance: Gives electricians peace of mind, knowing you get full ‘new for old’ tool replacement value.
- Trailer Insurance: Covers your trailer for a specified value, whether it is attached to your vehicle or not.
- Illness and Injury Insurance: Designed to pay you an income if you’re unable to work due to illness or injury sustained anywhere, anytime, not just at work.
Where to Start with Electricians Insurance?
Of course, you may not need all the policies mentioned above, and it can be confusing to work out which ones you should take out, especially when there are industry regulations and licencing to consider….
In Australia, industry requirements can differ from state to state, particularly compulsory licences and insurance. However, the basic requirements may not provide adequate cover for your circumstances, which can leave you in a difficult financial position if the worst was to happen.
With all this in mind, and to better understand your situation and insurance needs, it’s helpful to consider the various aspects of your electrician work and think about the following factors:
- The types of jobs you do regularly
- The environment you work in
- The threats and risks you are exposed to
- Equipment value
It’s a lot to think about, but there’s an easier way which makes getting the right electricians insurance easy…
Who Can Help With Your Electrician Insurance?
The team at Tradesure specialise in Trade Insurance and are experts in getting tradies the right cover for the best price.
If your circumstances change or your policy is due for a renewal, your Tradesure broker will let you know what needs to be adjusted and make it happen for you. When it comes time to make a claim, they’ll go in to bat for you to make sure you get everything you’re entitled to.
Let us do the work for you, so you can get on with yours.Contact us today for more information.